Alexandra Marine and General Hospital endeavors to maintain a safe and secure environment, for our staff, patients and visitors and the prevention of theft from the facility and damage to property.
The following highlights some of the security measures in place:
* You will have an identification bracelet placed on your wrist when you are admitted. This bracelet must be worn at all times so that positive identification may be made by staff.
* All staff, volunteers, and pastoral care team members, wear identification badge at all times while on hospital property.
* Outside service contractors, inspectors, and students or any other visitors that will be working in the hospital wear a "Visitor Badge" or Company Badge.
* The Emergency Entrance is the 24-hour entrance to the building. The doors are open from 0530 to 2330. The doors are locked from 2330 to 0530 by the staff in Communications. The Switchboard clerk provides access to the building when the doors are locked.
* The Front Entrance to the hospital is open from 0645 to 2030 Monday to Friday and from 1100 to 2030 on weekends and holidays. The Front Entrance doors are locked at all other times.
* Cameras are not permitted within the hospital unless approved by Management or the Nurse in Charge of the Unit. Consent from the patient must be obtained before an image of a patient is taken.
* The hospital has cameras throughout the building that record activities in the hospital.